Followers

Sunday 19 April 2015

Smile- Mixed media layout with a tutorial

Hello friends!

Hope you all are doing good. 
Today I have new mixed media layout to share with you all. I created this for Crafters Corner blog and also shared a tutorial. 
You can see the post here.

Have a look at the finished layout-



PHOTO TUTORIAL

I started with Pion design paper- Paris Flea market- Rose du jardin. It has a wonderful script on one side and a beautiful pattern with roses on the other .I decided to go with the script side as my base.



Next I cut the paper in half along one side using my We R memory keepers trim and scoreboard and distressed all the edges of both halves of paper with my Prima Comfort craft Distressing tool. 
This is one of my most favourite tools any day. The Prima Comfort Craft Distressing tool comes with four different distressing attachments and all of these give different effects. I used the blade on the side to distress my page edges.




Next I gave a generous cost of Sakura gesso on my entire paper.  Gesso is basically a primer and prevents the soaking of inks and mists into paper thereby giving gorgeous vibrant results.


 I dried this using my Rangers heat it tool- a must have for mixed media projects!


I also punched out a strip of12 inch X 1 inch size using the Martha Stewart -Doily lace border punch and  the Pion design-Paris flea market Pink fabric paper and reattached my base paper with this border in between.

Next I took out my Lindys stamp gang starburst sprays in Cape cod coral, Hottie patottie hot pink,Sea mint green and Sweet Violet purple teal and sprayed randomly on the paper. I dried this using Rangers heat tool again
.

Next in process was taking out my stamps and stencils. I using the Kaisercraft Dictionary meanings texture stamp and Magnolias stencil from Prima. This is a new stencil in the shop and has these lovely flower and rose patterns. I am so in love with the design that I am thinking of making it the star of my project next time. Love it totally! 


I used black Archival ink for stamping. Archival ink does not bleed on application of inks/mists or water and this is what I wanted for my project.

I used the Pion design-Paris Flea Market- Pink fabric paper , Tags paper  and Post cards paper to make some layers behind my photo.



I used the crackle paste by Prima with the Magnolia stencil and gave some textures on the page randomly using the spatula.



This is how I prepared my background basically.  I also did some stencilling with Prima flourish stencil later once my layout was almost done to add more texture.
I embellished my layout with some mulberry flowers and Leaves & Mushrooms- laser cut wood veneers from Prima. Also used a resin embellishment and clear glass cabochons.
My title- 'Smile' is a Heidi swapp acrylic word.I am so in love with the font! 


Here  are a few close ups of the layout-





Supplies used-


Pion design- Rose du jardin- Paris flea market

Pion design- Pink fabric-Paris flea market
Pion design- Post cards -Paris flea market
Pion design- Tags- Paris flea market
Prima stencil- Flourish
Prima stencil- Magnolias
Rangers heat it tool
Kaisercraft texture stamp- Dictionary meanings
Martha Stewart Doily lace edge punch
Sakura Gesso
Spatula- C-Gull
Prima comfort craft distressing tool
Lindys stamp gang starburst sprays- Hottie patiote pink
                                                           Sea mint Green
                                                           Cotton Candy Pink
                                                           Sweet violet purple teal
 We R Memory Keppers- Trim and scoreboard                         
Heidi swapp acrylic words
Prima Marketing -Leaves & Mushrooms- Laser Cut Wood Icon Embellishments
Clear glass Cabochons
Flowers- Twisted rose buds
               Poppy flowers
                Micro mulberry roses
               Mulberry roses



A few close ups-





Hope you like it
I am entering this layout in the following challenges-

 Lindy's April colour challenge


I used the following color sprays. I have linked these to the Lindys store in case you might want to see. :)




Prima Build A Page
Products used-

Prima Stencils- Magnolia
     Prima stencil-Flourish
Prima Art basics -soft gloss gel
Prima Art Basics- Modelling paste- Opaque matte
Prima Resin embellishment-Shabby chic treasure- Mannequins
Prima wood veneers- leaves and mushrooms
Prima Clear Glasspebbles
Prima Fairy Rhymes wire stem fabric flowers flower
Prima Fairy belle stamp




And



Thanks for visiting my blog today
Will love if you leave your views and comments

Have a nice day!


7 comments:

  1. Wonderful inky indulgence Jaya and a super l/o/

    Enjoy your Sunday.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank You for letting me know, that your picture is not showing, but after using link - I'm here :) The layout is amazing, vibrant colors, beautiful flowers - and I love the effect of watercolor <3 Thank You for playing with us at Lindy's Stamp Gang this month!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty, I love the background colors and the flowers and layers under your photo.. so feminine.. so lovely...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous work! I love your page!!! Thank you for joining our challenge at Lindy's Stamp Gang!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a gorgeous soft and lovely layout Jaya! I simply adore your work!! Thanks for joining us at Lindy's Stamp Gang for the Color Challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a soft and pretty page! The photo stunning! Fabulous page! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful, i love your white background with the use of your LSG ink ! Thank you for joining us with the Lindy's Stamp Gang challenge !

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!